part 3 of my roundhouse build, roundwood timber frame.

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
hi everyone iv been putting up videos of my diy roundhouse in wales, just got back from a 2 week trip and got the timber frame done for the walls. hope you enjoy

[video=youtube;IiAKEUmlgJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiAKEUmlgJ8[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yeah, I did. I give you top marks for your endurance peeling logs. What a grunt of a task. Second, I like the shape. What sort of skirting will go around the edge of the floor?

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I did. I give you top marks for your endurance peeling logs. What a grunt of a task. Second, I like the shape. What sort of skirting will go around the edge of the floor?

do you mean to cover the tyres? i think i am going to do stone walling for that, and the floor will be behind the cobwood walls. so the floor will be above were the cobwood first starts so there won't be any need for skirting really. it will be 1" thick oak and pine flooring that i have milled myself. fitted to the shape of the building up to the walls. with maybe a small gap for expansion.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
That is coming along nicely, absolutely stunning mate Top job
Keep at it, cant wait to see you enjoy a hot cup a tea on your porch ^^

Yours sincerely
Ruud

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Did you have to get planning permission, I'd be interested how that side of it worked? Is it a personal abode, or a business?

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
hi everyone. thanks for all the nice comment. as for planning it will be applied for retrospectively as a seasonal workers cabin, then when we plan to live there start the long and complicated process of applying under policy 52 for sustainable development.

the planning is much more of a challenge than the building, but at lease in wales it is at least possible and there is a policy in place that we can work with.

kris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE