we have been working on our roundhouse again.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
my self and my girlfriend have been on our property in wales for a few days working on our roundhouse. we were working on the cordwood walls, and just generally camping and having a good time with great weather.

[video=youtube;FR1CSMApGXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR1CSMApGXg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looking great there! I bet you're pleased that the long days are back and the ground is beginning to dry out, eh?

I'll be very interested to see your progress over the coming months, you've certainly put a vast amount of work into this project :)

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
Thanks, the lack of mud makes just a huge difference, we are hoping to put in some track this summer as well in order to not have to suffer another winter of knee deep mud. we are hoping to get the construction done this summer and be able to stay in it. there will be alot of work still after the construction is done but at least we will have nice place to stay while we are there working on it. it has been alot of work and i could have made the build alot faster and easier by just doing load bearing straw bales but i wanted to use lots of different teckniques in order to learn lots for when we build a more perminant and better quality building. the next project will be a workshop dug in to the hillside on two levels. we have a design made already so I'm keen to get this place done move and start a new bigger project. of course still from natural materials and with a low visual impact on the land.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE