Parrafin

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im sure this has been covered lots but

where do I get it now the old fasioned petrol station has gone?

how much should I pay for it?

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Places like,
B&Q, Homebase etc should have it in stock Tengu.
From memory its around the £5 for a five liter/gallon in a white plastic container. Pester the Customer Service people, thats what they're for.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I got what I think was a 5L container for less than £5 from the local independent hardware shop - and then carried it home on the bus in my rucksack hoping nobody noticed the smell!

Geoff

Lostdreamer

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2007
Wmids
Try hardware stores. There is a place in coventry (phillips) that sells the stuff loose, for considerably less than £1/L.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Try home heating oil. It is Kerosine after all, and I have used in hurricane lamps during a power cut.

but would you use it in a camping stove??? - the stuff i get delivered is supposed to have various additives in it :eek:

the last lot of paraffin i bought (for cleaning the chain on my motorbike) was from Focus/do-it-all. can't remember the price but it was with the greenhouse stuff

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Those hurrican lamps are great, picked mine up for I think a pound brand new! I chucked a random amount of parrafin in at Delamere, no idea how much i put in as it was dark, but it was stilla light the next morning when i woke up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE