Parasol I.D confirmation ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Ah thankyou ranger bob! So you would say this is the shaggy parasol ( Macrolepiota procera ) as opposed to Lepiota procera ( parasol ) ?

I have read that Macrolepiota procera can cause digestive upsets and rashes..is this in al that eat it or only some as it is stil lregarded edible.

Many thanks !

Booosh

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Bushpig said:
Ah thankyou ranger bob! So you would say this is the shaggy parasol ( Macrolepiota procera ) as opposed to Lepiota procera ( parasol ) ?

I have read that Macrolepiota procera can cause digestive upsets and rashes..is this in al that eat it or only some as it is stil lregarded edible.

Many thanks !

Booosh

Bushy (is it okay if I call you that, or am I being a little informal ;) )

M. rhacoides is the "shaggy" variety.
M. procera is the NON "shaggy" variety. This is yours.

As for indigestion and the like, it is not universal, but there is only one way to find out :D . Personally I have no problem, but I am sure there will be others that do.

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Ahh I made a typo ..sorry. Well I think I will chuck it in th frying pan and report back this evening :)

And Stovie...Bushy is fine..all up for a bit of informal frivolity here

:p

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Bushpig said:
Ahh I made a typo ..sorry. Well I think I will chuck it in th frying pan and report back this evening :)

And Stovie...Bushy is fine..all up for a bit of informal frivolity here

:p

So if we don't hear from you, you're....well...how can I say.....indisposed :yuck: ;)

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Bushpig said:
Well I ate it and it tasted wonderful!! Nutty infact but spot on just fried in butter. Best get out and find some moRe now :)

Boooshpig

Good stuff! I agree about the nutty flavour. And keeping it simple is best when it comes to 'shrooms...Like mine on warm bread

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Yep. Better to let them grow big,that way one will fill your frying pan. :D

By the way,it's better to cut your mushrooms to leave the mycelium bed intact.That way there will be more to go back to. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE