Parang shopping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zookeepa

Jan 12, 2015
Derbyshire
I'm looking to get a traditional shaped parang, but wondered if there are any suggestions on where to look? One consideration is my hand size is very large and need to make sure the handle is comfortable, but I do want to buy one parang that will see me out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
One thought if you can find one is a MY parang blade then you could fit your own handle to suit. It's definitely a traditional style.

I've purchased a few blades only previously but a brief search and I can't see them.

Zookeepa

Jan 12, 2015
Derbyshire
Thanks for the advice so far. I've found a few leads online, but really wanting to track down a true original if I can. Please keep the advice coming.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Rather late , but for anyone else interested in a good solid traditionally made parang go to My Parangs .com who also have quite a few agent companies in the UK . Thinking of buying one of their 12" parangs for around £89 . Traditional made using a rat tail tang secured with a brass through the tang pin and held in place with industrial strength epoxy . I watched acutting test on youtube and couldnt believe even after chopping a steel bar there was no damage to the blade and it cut through a six inch thick plank in seconds , some of the best cutting Ive seen .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE