PARAMO CLOTHING

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gb_999

Dec 29, 2018
Cumbria
I bought my first Paramo jacket in 2000, it was ugly but functional and I wore it almost everyday of the year. I binned it after a few years because the lime green was more olive in colour after years of grime. I had a brief affair with Gore Tex products, pulled in by the look and the fit, but soon realised the error of my ways and went back to Paramo. I’ve used Paramo in all weathers at all times of the year, it’s not perfect, but for me it’s streets ahead of Gore Tex in terms of waterproofness and breathability. I’ve been issued various waterproof jackets (made of varying materials) over the years, none of them are as good as my Paramo.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I am still a fan of GoreTex. I like Ventile too. I guess it is the weather here allows for both to show themselves at their best.

But, I got a Bentu fleece a while ago and it works so well at what it is supposed to work well at that I bit my thumb and pressed Buy Now on a Velez jacket. This was from the pleasant people at Foothills in Sheffield (very affordable). It's on its way and I'll see it in a week or so.

If the Velez turns out as well as I hope (for trail running in winter), I can see my budget becoming dominated by Paramo issues. The trousers seem ideal for snow, especially wet snow, and I like the look of the Taiga fleece too.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I bought my first Paramo jacket in 2000, it was ugly but functional and I wore it almost everyday of the year. I binned it after a few years because the lime green was more olive in colour after years of grime. I had a brief affair with Gore Tex products, pulled in by the look and the fit, but soon realised the error of my ways and went back to Paramo. I’ve used Paramo in all weathers at all times of the year, it’s not perfect, but for me it’s streets ahead of Gore Tex in terms of waterproofness and breathability. I’ve been issued various waterproof jackets (made of varying materials) over the years, none of them are as good as my Paramo.

And if it works in rainy Cumbria it will work anywhere
sorry too many hillwalking days in your lovely county always took an old fashioned knee length waterproof for the occasion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE