Paracord 550

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
hey ya Topcat, The PRI shop on camp sells 15m rolls of the BCB paracord (250Kg breaking strain) for about £3. So no its not a resonable price IMHO. :)

I can probably buy you a box if you like. Or I can send you a short length to see if its the stuff you want. PM me for full details if you want.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Erm...guys, I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but....

We have two huge rolls of paracord sitting in our garage. You know, the rolls that are oh, say, a foot in diameter? One is white, and one is green.

There, now didn't I make you jealous?

And no, I'm not kidding!

:D

Adam

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
well i think its very reasonable when EOD are selling it at £13.79 with postage.
can you post a picture of this BCB paracord? i would like to see the inner strands.

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
look up the ebay user daveybaxter. i've bought a few things from him and his service has been excellent. 30m of 200 kilo breaking strain paracord was £5 + £1p&p.

If he hasn't got any listed at the moment just email him and he'll sort you out.

hope this helps.

Oct 14, 2005
Leicester
:)
daveybaxter has a lot of items for sale but no paracord atm - and lostplanet the paracord that you sell on seems to be good stuff l :lmao:

how do I know ? took delivery of 100ft today :D

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
as a matter of interest fester, whats your opinion of this 550 compared to other paracord?

when people say about value for money, you must understand that i wanted some for my self so sourced it from the states.
but by the time i have paid for the cord, then the S+H, then the import blair, then the ebay listing fee, then the final value fee, and to top it off the paypal fee, bought the jiffy bags, paid the postage, stopped doing what i was doing to drive to the post office, it almost doesnt make it worth doing at all.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
BCB paracord inner strands....

Although there are only 6 strands....The splerg on the box says: Breaking strain of approx 250kilos

There is also a 12 month guarantee. So im sure that if someone was to prove their claim incorrect that they would be happy to hear about it. :AR15firin

BCBPara.jpg

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
hows it last when tying friction knots? thats one of my beefs with cheaper cord it may be strong but tie a few knots in and it just melts.
at the end of the day, if it does the job..... :)

would you accept a sample of the paracord i get and put it side by side or compare the two?
if so PM me your address ill get some in the post tommora.

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
You've been PMed.

The cord I have bought from daveybaxter has been more than up to the job during the couple of times I have set up my tarp with it.

I'll let you know how they compare...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE