Panthers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I think the day is some way off when the following headline appears in a certain tabloid newspaper:

“Wildcat Got My Baby”

More of our youth in the woods is probably what’s needed right now and a few oversize toms and feral boar should not keep then out.

Cheers

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
There have been several reports of 'Big Cat' sightings down here in Devon but never any decent photographs to confirm or disbelieve this.

Tracks and scratchings on tree's have also been seen but as yet none have been caught.

We do have wild boar in some of the woods/forests which would provide a food source plus loads of sheep and deer.

Personally I find it fascinating and would love to catch a glimpe of something that is not indigenous to our shores.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
i agree, i'm hoping to get to scotland at some point next year to try and get a glimpse of a wildcat - or at least find some spore before they get bred out into more tabby than wee beastie!
I dont think kids will ever be much at risk, the chances of getting attacked by a wild animal ( did anyone see the guys in the jeep on planet earth diaries - new trousers please!) are minimal, and the benefit of them knowing that there bigger creatures than them in the world is all for the good i say.
if youve ever walked around Paignton in Devon at night and heard the lions you'll know what i mean! Its good to feel your part of the food chain, not steamrollering over it! sharpens the senses!
mind you ask me again with a big cat sniffing around the hammock and i might not feel the same!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE