Pan Pipes

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Last week i scored a load of fresh cut, large diameter bamboo, all of the longer pieces will get used out in the garden, however there are a few smaller pieces that are just begging to be used for bushy projects, one of the first was a set of Pan Pipes, all of the sharp edges have been sanded down and it's lashed together with some garden twine and two cross pieces, also made of bamboo,

DSCN5683.jpg

No i cant play them, but they do make a sound and to me, it's not out of tune, just a bit of fun and something thats a little different.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This reminds me of a project-in-progress for me. In viking age context (York and one or two scandinavian settlements) there was pan flutes of an interesting design: a solid block of wood, with a row of holes drilled in to gradually increasing depth. I made one, but could not get any usefut sound out of it. Really nice pocket instruments, if one can play it. I really should get back to it, and try to sort it out.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
No offence, they look lovely, but if you start playing them in the hammock next to me at a meet, I can't be held responsible for my actions :)

Well ive heard your pan pipe play at meets, so only fair i get my own back;)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
You could chop out a section, split it, then use it over a fire with some water to boil shrimp in, as if you were in the Jungle!!:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE