Pack and Webbing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
When out hiking with the scouts I usually use an "all arms" PLCE pack with side pockets.
This I find really comfortable and big enough to pack the kitchen sink in.

I like to take quite a lot of gear because:
  1. I like a lot of gear!:eek:
  2. The excess weight keeps me fitter.
  3. The Scout motto is "Be Prepared" and I like to lead by example.:rolleyes:

The only disadvantage is, if I want anything in a rush (like a drink while we are on a timed hike) I have to take off my pack, put it on the muddy ground, extricate item needed, use it and then put it back on.

So I have aquired some PLCE webbing and a few pouches to carry more of the essentials in easier to reach places.
As I need less room in my pack I have aquired a smaller NI patrol pack to wear over the webbing.

My question is how do you stop the buckles of the yoke being pushed into your back by the weight of the pack?

Thanks in advance

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
Took the Scouts for a 10 mile hike yesterday.
There is no problem with the buckles at all.
In fact I am happy 100% with my new carry system.

Thankfully this will cease the flurry of replies to my previous posting, releasing the strain on the Bushcraftuk servers. :eek:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Keep going with that bergan. Has a lot of practical uses and I like the zip length as well as the boxy shape. I just would recommend carrying one pouch for your waterbottle. From a comfort level.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I didn't see the thread until today and see that you no longer have the issue you thought you might have; but should it concern you again you can get various yokes that are slimmer with no or low profile buckles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE