Oyster, Coral, fairies and more..[pic heavy]

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Due to my 'luck' or lack of at finding and or identifying any good mushrooms the other day on the west side of Loch Eck, I thought I'd try my luck on the east side... This meant an interesting climb and hike through some forestry pine and broad leaf woodland, and about a 200 meter climb through it all to boot..:rolleyes:

Most of what I found was yellowy mushrooms, definitely not Chanterelles, I wish there were, as they were all over the place.
yellow.jpg

yellow2.jpg

Several small brown ones
weebrown.jpg

weebrownyyellow.jpg

Larger brown shrooms on a dead pine log
brownchappies.jpg

undersideofbrownchappies.jpg

A tiny fairy toadstool..(pics of the bigger ones were FUBAR)
minifly.jpg

An interesting, if somewhat yucky looking one, there were several growths like this on the dead standing pine.
eww.jpg

eeww2.jpg

I climbed and hiked until I came to a fairly disused track, following the sounds of a waterfall, lead me to a lovely area with several oyster mushrooms and quite a bit of coral too.

oyster3-1.jpg

oyster2-1.jpg

oyster-1.jpg

coral.jpg

coral3.jpg

coral2.jpg

Other than the Oyster, can anyone shed any light on what the others may be?

Thanks for looking.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
After some digging around on the web, and looking at over 1000 pics, came to the conclusion that the top pic is a common yellow russula, and the odd white one on a tree is some form of slime mould.

Anyway, didn't want to start another thread so thought I'd add to this one, todays finds.

Puffballs
puffball.jpg

Jelly beans
jellybeans.jpg

Possibly amethyst deceiver:
amethystdeceiver.jpg

amethystdeceiver2.jpg

Not sure what these are, but they looked kind of cool, with nice spotting and flakey stems.
coolbrown.jpg

No idea.
browntree.jpg

Quite a large one, easily 8 inches in diameter.
bigshroom.jpg

I know I mentioned Puffballs earlier, but these ones, reminded me of the Alien Eggs, from well.. Alien.....
alienegg.jpg

alienegg2.jpg

One of the reasons finding mushrooms is so hard is that they hide themselves very well in the fallen leaves
hidenseek.jpg

Lastly, this is a picture of a fallen tree, but it has 7 trunks growing out from it, showing that life will find a way, even if the 'mother tree' was on it's last legs.(only 3 of the trunks showing - i couldn't get far enough back to fit them all in)
lifeafterdeath.jpg

Thanks for looking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE