Overnight stop Oostende Belgium ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I am off tomorrow to Wales from the Netherlands but in a bid to get the right ferry!! I have to leave tomorrow night to be in oostende very early saturday. So my question is this.
Is there any where close to Oostende that anybody knows where I can:

1. Park the car
2. Sling up a hammock in a tree
3. or tarp on the ground

and not get arrested or shot by a big police man ?

Or a very cheap campsite ?

Thanks in advance
Simon

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
1, there's a coach park just to the left of the ferry terminal and i'm sure it has a car park in it
2/3 there's a largish park across the road from the coach park but don't know about the laws of sleeping in it are

i usually arrive by coach and stop in a hotel

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
1, there's a coach park just to the left of the ferry terminal and i'm sure it has a car park in it
2/3 there's a largish park across the road from the coach park but don't know about the laws of sleeping in it are

i usually arrive by coach and stop in a hotel

I think that car park to the left is a loading bay for the lorries not 100% I have been told the beach in unsafe to sleep on although the police turn a blind eye!.. I guess turning off the road before hitting oostende might be an option to.. I hear overnighting is not allowed but not sure about resting drivers ;0

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
i'm a little confused my self now looking at a map

walking up alberts promenade on your left was first the ferry terminal then the train station then a supermarket then the coach/car park which was next to a large hotel (ostend hotel) then the park was across the road.

hope you have a nice trip

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Next time park up and kip on the beach and dunes in a bivvy bag ?

I did that 3 years ago outside Knokke Heist.

I did check that out apparently the beach is under renewal and a few kids got killed a year or so back by a falling concrete block so it was not advised.. Although the local police dont mind that much they said it was not really that safe use at your own risk..

As it was the begining of the holiday and not the end I decided to bite the bullet and pay up!! but thanks for the tip..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE