Overnight Beach Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Last Thursday (28th April) Cutchy and I went a wee beac camp just outside Dunure, I was trying to go quite light with my kit so just took a DPM poncho and a couple of walking poles instead of a tent, was quite windy so I was woken up at 6.30am as my shelter blew down :( Overall though it was a good night and look forward to going back again.... Piccies...

My wee sleep setup

DSC00388.jpg

Plenty of drift wood for the fire

DSC00391.jpg

Cutchy's tent

DSC00392.jpg

Making dinner on the honey stove

DSC00393.jpg

Would have taken more pictures but it was a bit too dark and we didn't stay for long in the morning due to the wind.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Haha it's just off the beach.

Yeah mate meant to PM you, gonna have to delay it til July, will need to confirm dates, apparently I can't go when she graduates or something along those lines :lol:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Haha it's just off the beach.

Yeah mate meant to PM you, gonna have to delay it til July, will need to confirm dates, apparently I can't go when she graduates or something along those lines :lol:

No prob,s mate ! just keep me informed

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Bet that felt better going lighter.

I drove through Dunure last Thurs after a fish supper with swmbo at Ayr.
Took the Freelander down the Cat Gate entrance to Culzean and scratched the bodywork,not that I'm bothered but it's her car.:eek:

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Yeah it was a nice change having half a rucksack on ma back rather than a full one and umpteen carrier bags!!

You could have nipped down and donated a couple of chips! :lmao:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
nice one mate,...

i love the minimal set up,....

my last two overnighters have involved a poncho and a few bits in me pockets,....love it,..

Stu

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
nice one mate,...

i love the minimal set up,....

my last two overnighters have involved a poncho and a few bits in me pockets,....love it,..

Stu

Think I could see myself really getting into his style of camping especially when the weather gets a bit better and a sleeping bag is more of an option that a neccessity. I'm trying to work with the philosophy of something to sleep under, sleep in, drink, cook in, cook and cook on and that's basically about it, although I did take a lantern with me to that one lol!

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Haha that's more like me! Na the only things that aren't in the picture are about 4 cans of cider and my catapult. Tent was in the car though just in case :umbrella: :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE