Ouch! Not `Eagle Edge`

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Anyone recognise the label `eagle edge`? I cant read the rest, the polls been hammered.

not bad for £1 though.

Lost in civilisation

Feb 19, 2005
england
Anyone recognise the label `eagle edge`? I cant read the rest, the polls been hammered.

not bad for £1 though.

See this post from Hugo
Bit of an update on the Eagle Edge tools axe, just about finished, it cleaned up a treat and takes a good edge and is now very sharp.

Then check page 5 of the Brades Steelworks Catalogue which produced tools under many other names, there is an eagle motif with the initials E.E.T.C. written underneath. The catologue is interesting for a quick read, they exported to many different countries around the world

In other words you have been jammy to get it for £1

Edit
Billman on Bodgers Forum posted
"The Eagle Edge Tool Company became part of the Brades (W Hunt &Sons) company - they showed the company logo in their export catalogue - many firms kept the old marks current for export tools, even if they were no longer sold in the UK..."

Last edited:

Lost in civilisation

Feb 19, 2005
england
page 57 of an axe to grind talks about felling if an ax is defective or has been abused by the shape of the chipped edge. If the chip has rounded edges the temper is good, if it has straight lines or a corner then it is too hard.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
That axe looks like one I have just inherited, an Eagle Edge Tools Co patt 374 no.1 made in the Wolverhampton works. When Brades took them over they kept the name on many of the tools due to their export success.
Good quality tool well worth the effort tidying up.
Rob.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
so its a brades but older than the brades label? (what date would that make it?)

id like to work on it but have neither the skills nor the tools

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE