Organising pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Did a bit of sewing recently and made some pouches to organise my kit. Orange is my warm jacket, blue is waterproofs, green is tent kit (candle lantern bits and pieces), mesh/green is lunch/snacks, red is first aid kit. I used water-resistant material, waterproof zips and they're loosely based on the Kifaru pullouts.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 242

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
nice work did you use a pattern?

No I copied the size of the Kifaru pullouts and made ones similar. The top with the zip is slightly wider to give some volume to the pouch. Some have metal tri-glides to lock in the square d-rings inside my rucksack.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Of the pouches I made a few weeks ago I found that two of my pouches for warm kit (larger of the two) and waterproofs were a tad too small. I'll make a new one for my warm kit but modified the larger one after seeing another product online. Not a large modification but gives them greater shape.

attachment.php

I added a strap across the top.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I simply sewed across the ends framing a rectangle.

Attachments

• IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3130.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3129.jpg
    IMG_3129.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 58

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE