Opinel neck sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Alreet.i'm introducing my lad to the idea that he may possibly be able to own his first knife this year.if he shows me that he can be responsible that is.so I knocked him a sheath up.its got its flaws but just thought I'd show it.
56adb2bf99d427b0ca393cac96a0bd8e.jpg

25a9b121e9b7e259f1d8db8339f48bdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Very nice. It should last him a lifetime probably morphing into a back-up blade in the future as he graduates to something larger. As an ex-professional in education, it always pleases me to see parents encouraging their children in this way and keeps me optimistic about the future.
May I suggest that you put a weak link into the lanyard, just in case he gets snagged as is so easy in the woods. I prefer a small knife on a neck cord myself but I still ensure that it will break before it strangles me!

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Thanks a lot.

Old timer I did think about putting a split in the neck cord but as its gonna live in my pack for the time being n he won't be walking around freely with it I decided I'd add one later.but yeah your right it does need one

Last edited:

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I like that too! Out of interest, what leather did you use?

Sent from my E2003 using Tapatalk

Cheers. I'm not defo sure on all the terminology as I'm fairly new too leather craft.the main part of the sheath is 3mm veg tan.the fire-steel loop and welt are some thinner rougher/ unfinished leather I was given by another member on here.thanks again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE