One to watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
This looks like a couple of interesting programmes:

NATURE: Surviving Extremes
Channel: Channel 4
Date: Saturday 5th March 2005
Time: 19:00 to 20:00

Nick Middleton travels to some of the most hellish places on earth - places so extreme that no human has ever managed to settle there permanently. In the first half of tonight's double bill, Nick tries his hand in the jungle, travelling to the depths of the African rainforest to learn how to survive in conditions that only one group of humans has ever mastered. The Ba'aka pygmies are short for a reason, and Nick is about to find out why. Preparing carefully, Nick protects himself with black magic charms and heads up the Congo River to learn survival tips from chimp researcher and jungle expert Crickette Sanz. Then it's on to try living with a Bantu tribe on the edges of the jungle before finally joining the Ba'aka. Can Nick's practical and magical preparations protect him from the countless dangers they encounter?

NATURE: Surviving Extremes
Channel: Channel 4
Date: Saturday 5th March 2005
Time: 20:00 to 21:00

Nick Middleton braves the effects of extreme cold, ice and perpetual daylight as he sets off from the most northerly Inuit community in the world on a week-long search for the mysterious narwhal. This is the most northerly hunt undertaken anywhere in the world, and Nick wants to find out if he can handle the extreme conditions that even the locals find tough. Will he find the narwhal and, more importantly, will he be able to deal with the potentially lethal conditions? Arriving in Greenland, Nick meets a Norwegian explorer, recently rescued from the icecap and looking the worse for wear. In an attempt to avoid a similar fate, Nick takes a lesson in ice survival from the local postman, and ends up spending a night on the icecap in an ice coffin. Suffering from insomnia due to the disorientating midnight sun, Nick travels to the most northerly Inuit community in the world, where the locals rely on their almost exclusively carnivorous diet to make it through the winter. He lends a hand on a seal hunt before heading off onto the floating ice with the Inuit, in search of the elusive and nourishing narwhal, the unicorn of the sea.

These have been entered into the TV calendar

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I shall be tuning in for these,that is unless i forget as i usually do these days. :wink:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
What did folks think of these programmes? Personally I was disappointed as he seemed to come across very much as the useless westerner in the wrong place encumbering everyone else. He also seemed to play on that... the locations were great however, the footage of the Himalayas was amazing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE