One more before trap season!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Hello gents, hope i'm not boring you with all this synthetic stuff, but i finally got rid of the last of that G10 stuff just as i was geting used to working with it (albeit my skin has been itching for the last month!)

So here it is:
Blade - Hell Carbon 1C Tollekniv laminate, 59 Hrc
Handle - G10, Brass, Black fiber, Bronze tube, 150 Lb. test lanyard
Sheath - 8-9 oz. Distressed Latigo leather, 65 lb. braided Dyneema sewn 2X, Brass hardware, formed PVC liner
Firesteel - G10, Brass, Black fiber, 6mm dia.

Slightly reprofiled blade, Tang is peened underneath the glow dot, Belt loop can be folded down and screwed into back of sheath for wearing up higher, liner was made from boiling and forming a piece of 2.5 in. cold water pipe (scratches a lot less than kydex... but a pain in the neck to form!)

Basically, about 70% of this knife is madefrom recycled materials from car junkyards, factories, and outdoor store overstock!
Click thumbs to open in a new window

Hopefully the customer will be satisfied. It's a shame it won't get used... it appears he is a collector :rolleyes:

On a different note, I made a post a little while back can't find it now), about an acid tarnish for brass made out of regular household chemicals. Well, i starting finishing up another blade, and decided to see what it would look like appled to a 800 grit sanded blade. Holy Cow Batman!!!!! After sitting for about a month, the original acid absorbede all of the copper and left a weird sediment on the bottom of the glass. I put it on the blade, and now the blade looks like it was electroplated in copper! I don't know if this has any functional use (other than protection from humidity while siting around).. but dang if it doesn't look neat.

Hopefully will get some pictures up before leaving.

Thanks for looking and hope all of you have a great happy winter season!:D

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I like the use of three layers of brass and the sheath is great especially the fact the belt loop is convertable. The handle is a nice shape.
What is the blade like?

You can find your old post by searching your user name.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE