One for the Lavvu Squad

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
slide the base off the main stove and place on top locating inside the clasps provided. Remove storage plug to insert flu

20121106_164641.jpg

Is that just the plug sat on top Paul? It's a neat idea, I might have to bodge one of those for mine :)

Granite Head

Nomad
Aug 16, 2011
Dublin Mountains
That looks like a lot of stove for the price.

Did you swap out the pipe bend from the standard package for the insulated section?

Thanks for sharing / pics etc.

Be interested to hear how it performs in the field

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I sort of dived in and placed the order first and then started chatting too him. I basically sent him a crude drawing and said i dont need the angle section but do want the insulated bit.. The russian setups ive seen angle the flue right out from the tent. im guessing its because they will be burning pine and dont want sparks showering the shelter. They also use a lot of plastic in shelter construction from what ive seen.

Should be able to give it a blast in the Lavvu this weekend

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Stove is superb. I was a bit nervous with it to begin with but I've got confidence in it now. When you open the vents fully it glows real good and about a metre of the flue glows too. It's fearsome. Had to mod the insulated section a bit to get a good fit with my tophat but it's working great now. Heats well low down in the lavvu too so all good.

zu9emeqy.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gearpac

Nov 6, 2007
North Wales
Hi Paul,
Sent you a pm. Was curious to know how you had got on with this stove, in the time you have had it?

Was looking at the Helsport or Eldfell stoves, but has caught my interest.

Cheers

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE