One for the ladies

I was in Decathalon a couple of days ago and noticed this jacket on special offer for £30...

gd-asset_16938337.jpg

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/arpenaz-travel-l-67925825/

It looks quite good, cotton mix, breathable, taped seams etc. Styling is very similar to a Fjällräven Telemark. Doesn't look like it has an external baffle on the zip, but maybe has inside?

Anyway, thought it was a nice jacket for the price, and one or two of you might be interested. Shame they don't do a mens version!

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
Shame they don't do a mens version!

They do

gd-asset_17088115.jpg

I've got one, wear it almost all the time and it's holding up well. I've not used it in serious downpours, I prefer a poncho for those, but the fabric's never leaked the times I've got caught out in a sudden shower. Pockets are reasonable size, and haven't let in water either. My girlfriend's got the women's version and she loves hers too.

But there's no external baffle, there's one inside (you can see it clearer on the men's one) and it's not the best, it'd be better on the outside protecting the zip. I have found if you're walking into the rain that it will seep through the zip, and if the baffle's caught at all on your inner layers, you can end up damp or looking like you've got a serious dribbling problem. Our only other complaint is that they're both a little bit short, so they can be a bit of a bum-freezer if there's a breeze blowing, and if it does rain it can run off onto your thighs. No problem if you've got overtrousers on though.

Think of it more as a shower proof/wind proof than a true all purpose jacket I would say and maybe go up a size and wear it baggy to get the length if you're worried about a cold ****.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE