Drop-liner jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

This is a water-proof/breathable drop-liner jacket that I made many years ago.

The material is like a ‘90s Goretex jacket but without the durable outer layer of material.
(It is heavier duty than the Dutch Parka drop liners).

It is intended to go beneath any none water-proof; cotton; poly-cotton; canvas jacket that I use and upgrade it.

It is a simple pattern, very light-weight; has an integral hood; taped seams; hood and hem draw cords; hook and loop on the cuffs and zip cover-flap, that’s it.
(No pockets - that's what the outer jacket is for!).

I don't claim the idea - I copied it from one that I was issued with during the bronzed age! (no typo :lmao:)

It works well under any jacket but I find particularly well under the poly-cotton Austrian Surplus Alpine jacket.

The beauty is that I can doff an outer jacket if it gets soaked for drying out around camp or home but still keep the drop-liner on. (it is reasonably wind proof).

It has also made cleaning the outer jackets straight forward and the liner less often.

Drop-liner.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE