One for Mr Fenna...

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I had to share them on basefook, I've heard of the featherweight but never seen one...most interesting, the American quilters rave about them so I guess you can drop the feed dogs :D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I had to share them on basefook, I've heard of the featherweight but never seen one...most interesting, the American quilters rave about them so I guess you can drop the feed dogs :D

You know Turbogirl, I admire your completeness to a hobby, Land Rover vehicles have history with the sewing machine. The Coventry Sewing Machine Company established in 1881 later became the Rover Motor Company, which was later bought by the company which now produces the Land Rover.

As the old soup advert said - "Aye, that's devotion for yea."

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
You know Turbogirl, I admire your completeness to a hobby, Land Rover vehicles have history with the sewing machine. The Coventry Sewing Machine Company established in 1881 later became the Rover Motor Company, which was later bought by the company which now produces the Land Rover.

As the old soup advert said - "Aye, that's devotion for yea."
I did not know this :) But its all beautiful engineering usng metal, innit :) There's something almost sexy about those fine tolerances and function in design which just DOES IT for me... my ancesters were cutlery makers in Sheffield from the 1700s till the business was closed in the 60s, we had a Master Cutler and the name still lives on today on MOD sharp things. I'm proud of my genetic history, my blood can turn compasses ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I did not know this :) But its all beautiful engineering usng metal, innit :) There's something almost sexy about those fine tolerances and function in design which just DOES IT for me... my ancesters were cutlery makers in Sheffield from the 1700s till the business was closed in the 60s, we had a Master Cutler and the name still lives on today on MOD sharp things. I'm proud of my genetic history, my blood can turn compasses ;)

Now hang on Turbogirl, I love Landys too, and playing with the English language but to use "fine tolerances" in the same meme as "Landrover" is stretching it:lmao:

No I do get where you're coming from, a lot of our family were blacksmiths and engineers and there is a certain something about old metal.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I love Landys too, and playing with the English language but to use "fine tolerances" in the same meme as "Landrover" is stretching it:lmao:

Ah, but when you take the Universe as a whole 'Within a million miles' is "fine tolerances" :D .

Got to admire curvaceous engineering :approve:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I am indeed about as curvaceous as an old s1, leaky, expensive and lightweight ;) in need of a rebore and a damn good servicing too ;)

You mean with proper bumpers and headlights! And all you need is a big hammer to get you going!*

(I think we'd better stop this as euphemisms will get us into MOD trouble + Mr Turbo may hit me over the head with a shovel).

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk

(I think we'd better stop this as euphemisms will get us into MOD trouble + Mr Turbo may hit me over the head with a shovel).
Mr Turbo doesn't set foot in the woods, we'll hide from his wrath there :) He's just delighted to get rid of me for a while, much like borrowing a mates car with decent heater etc when on a parts run to fix yon landies ;) I think we have more to worry about from the Ministry of Defence actually with all their poor old lannies we've probably abused between us ;)

I'm out in the woods this weekend... soooo excited! And I have to test drive a 4.6 range rover down there... tis a hard life... or it might be if I end up pushing it!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Mr Turbo doesn't set foot in the woods, we'll hide from his wrath there :) He's just delighted to get rid of me for a while, much like borrowing a mates car with decent heater etc when on a parts run to fix yon landies ;) I think we have more to worry about from the Ministry of Defence actually with all their poor old lannies we've probably abused between us ;)

I'm out in the woods this weekend... soooo excited! And I have to test drive a 4.6 range rover down there... tis a hard life... or it might be if I end up pushing it!

Nice I do like a big engine - just that growl as you wind it up. Yeah I've been looking at the thread and it looks like you've got a good collection of folk this weekend. Should be fun - did you get your sack-barrow? Excellent things (usually for moving landie engines and gearboxes about!)

Sorry after talking about engines I had to go off an look at pictures of my old Royale... loved the engine in that.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
did you get your sack-barrow? Excellent things (usually for moving landie engines and gearboxes about!)...
I had to go off an look at pictures of my old Royale... loved the engine in that.
Royale? Pictures?!! Go on then, lets have a look!

No sack barrow... I'm Shanks' Pony for getting kit in and out. NOT going to be allowing anyone to call me the 'Swamp Donkey' as one of the lads famously called his ex after she did 5 trips in and out humping his stuff ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Royale? Pictures?!! Go on then, lets have a look!

No sack barrow... I'm Shanks' Pony for getting kit in and out. NOT going to be allowing anyone to call me the 'Swamp Donkey' as one of the lads famously called his ex after she did 5 trips in and out humping his stuff ;)

Sorry, hope you didn't think it was the Bugatti Royalé that would've been something. It was the Vauxhall (Opel did the Monza), no picts on comp as no scanner and they're of the old paper variety. Here's some web pics.
royale1-coupe.jpg

Loved it, silver with burgundy interior. Not very bushy but a massive boot for camping equipment... (it had also had a few "things" done to it):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE