On the job market again

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
About a year ago I quit work to become a full-time volunteer for the RSPB.

It was a brilliant experience and I'm so glad I did it, but all good things come to an end and now I'm back looking for a new job.

I'm checking all the usual sources (ie Countryside Job Service) but if anything interesting comes up on the bushcraft grape vine then I would be very greatful to hear about it.

I'm qualified in the use of chainsaws, brush cutters/clearing saws and tractor driving as well as having a wealth of experience in managing heathland habitats. I've taken part in wildlife surveys and public events. Plus I have the standard bushcrafty skills.

Thanks people

Ben

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I would start looking for "just a job" to start with and then start getting more specific when you have something. I was always told it is easier to find a job when you have one than to aim for the one you want to start off with.

LS

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
I'm following the "just a job" approach at the moment which may involve a return to desk work (hey ho) but you do what you have to don't you?

I'm based near Wells in Somerset.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Ben_Hillwalker said:
I'm following the "just a job" approach at the moment which may involve a return to desk work (hey ho) but you do what you have to don't you?

I'm based near Wells in Somerset.

Eeek a desk job after doing what you have been doing, hopefully it won't for to long before that dream job comes along.

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE