On The Fly:Yorkshire Dales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Was on the Ure, Tuesday for 8 hours.
Saw two hatches.

Tried Sawyers PTN, GHPTN, Waterhen Bloa, Snipe and Purple, Griffiths gnat, small F fly, other midge imitations, tan klinkhammer, CDC Olive, hydropysche , GH Hares ear, micro copperhead beatis nymph........

Small wild brownies, rising all around me gold flanks flashing in the sun.

But not a bite! Mocking me!! :rolleyes:

Difficult to match the hatch on the Ure.

Any other Dales Fly Fishers around?

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
A tiny cdc emerger point with two black/green buzzers on the drop tend to produce down here in similar circumstances, although only on the really slow stretches. I've had those infuriating days like yours though. You feel like throwing your fly box in an letting the little blighters pick their favourite!!:lmao:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
A tiny cdc emerger point with two black/green buzzers on the drop tend to produce down here in similar circumstances, although only on the really slow stretches. I've had those infuriating days like yours though. You feel like throwing your fly box in an letting the little blighters pick their favourite!!:lmao:

:lmao:Tell me about it.

I reckon youre right about the CDC emergers though. I'll have to give the buzzers a go. I wouldnt normally use buzzers on the river. But these were particularly fussy. And bold. Rising right in front of me! And jumping.

This was above asygarth, and its supposed to be better below.

I'll have to give the wensleydale stretch a run, from Bainbridge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE