On the Beg for Rabbit and squirrel.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone in Stoke on Trent area would be able to kindly fix me up with some squirrels and rabbits for a camp I am hosting for some non bushy friends. Ideally gutted with skins on and frozen or fresh killed on the day I need them. They will be skinned, chopped and cooked on the Saturday for a camp stew. I would imagine that 6 squirrels and 4 rabbits would be enough to feed 8 of us.
I need them for the last weekend of september, Friday 27th. I can collect from Stoke area on the thursday or from various locations earlier during the week as I travel for my job.

I have fine bottled ale for trade.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance. :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone in Stoke on Trent area would be able to kindly fix me up with some squirrels and rabbits for a camp I am hosting for some non bushy friends. Ideally gutted with skins on.....

You may have a hard time getting them this way as they're normally skinned prior to being gutted.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
On this side of the pond, rabbits are generally sold 'guts out, jackets on' (it was a weekly task for me as a child).

Only the kidneys are left in for identification purposes.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'd have thought they'd be a right b**ch to skin after being gutted? Apparently not.

The normal procedure here (for hunters0 is to make a slit into the skin at the base of the neck; put two fingers into it; and pull the skin off like a gloce before gutting. No hair on any meat that way.

The only ones that can be sold here are farmed ones and they're either sold live or precleaned (skinned AND gutted) and wrapped in cellowrap in the grocery store.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE