Oleo Mac Chain saw

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
No experience of them myself, but one thing that's useful to state would be what you want to use it for and the amount of usage it's likely to get.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Also whether you're looking at the electric or petrol version... :)

And what kind of conditions you expect to use it in (i.e. light usage during bi-annual pruning seasons in the south of france, or all year round use, mainly in the outer hebrides...) :)

Some of the saws my fella and his tree-surgeon mates use are specific to prolonged cold weather use, or for use on a lanyard 40ft up a tree...

Are you looking for a specific-use saw, or a general purpose saw...?

ODG

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm looking at the Oleo Mac 956, I've been offered a good price on it and it's comparable to the Husky 357xp that I'm using at the moment. It's for some felling or Med sized trees, lots of log cutting etc.

I was wondering more if anyone was familiar with the brand, it seems to be good quality, although it's more popular in Europe than here.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Never used them but the spec looks ok.

I'd want it at a very good price if it were to be replacing a Husky though - the RRP for the oleo mac is more than you would pay for a new Husky xp and the husky is a pretty good saw. The oleo mac would have to go some to be a better buy.

George

George

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Just as another thought - what's the availability like for spares and repairs? If they're not a common make in the UK, you may have trouble if it goes wrong, or even just when it needs a new chain or bar...

ODG

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
no tree workers over here would ever use anything but stihl or huskys most have stihl i have from the 020t with 14" bar up to an 066 with 36" bar but i have seen the oleo mac and they do look good spec the small top handle is a real nice little buzzer as we here call the main saw we use upaloft :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE