Old Town Pack ( Canoe) For sale

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Old Town Pack For sale SOLD
I've decided to part with my Pack. It's not been an easy decision to make but I can't see me using it very often, now I have my SP3.

I'll miss the ease, with which this sweet little boat can be picked up and strapped to the car in less than 5 mins, as well as the luxury of simply slinging it on my shoulder and walking to the waters edge, without risking bodily injury.

However, I have plans afoot and need both the space the Pack has been taking up and the cash tied up in it too

So here she is:
P4130023copysized.jpg

She's around about 3 years old now, at least according to the old fella I bought her from anyway. She certainly does not seem to suffer from "soft royalex" syndrome anyway, bearing the normal scratches and scrapes from pretty light use, with a couple of small dings to add character

Heres some sales blurb with relevant information:

Old Town Pack Open Canoe
There's enough versatility packed into this 12-foot, 33-pound solo canoe to keep it going from dawn to dusk, with every member of the family taking a turn.
The Old Town Pack is made of tough, lightweight Oltonar/Royalex.® It's so light that anyone who can paddle solo can carry it; on a portage, to and from the water, on and off the cartop. It's 33 lbs. of freedom - the Pack goes where other canoes can't.
The canoe's V-entry hull with keel is an easy paddling design that even a novice can handle. It's also well suited to the use of a double-bladed paddle. Features include black vinyl gunwales, polyethylene decks with grab handles, and a cane seat.

Dimensions:
Length 12'0", Width 32", Capacity 180kg, Weight 15kg.
Bow Height 17", Depth 11.5"

She's had two treatments with 303 aerospace sunblock in the last couple of months, so is a bit shiney
P5280110-1.jpg

P5280111.jpg

This is the "big" ding
P5280109.jpg

while this is a lighter scratch, which goes a little up the side
P5280113.jpg

She's fully laced for airbags/blocks etc and has the cane seat, which is in fact a lot more comfortable than it might look
P5280108.jpg

P5280099.jpg

I'm including two homemade flotation blocks, if the buyer wants them, makes no odds to the price either way but they actually work very well indeed.

Well and truly; SOLD

thanks for looking

R.B.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What a sad day Steve, I was gutted to see mine go too mate, just couldn't justify keeping her with the Bob.

Well I could justify it to myself but Carol was having none of it :slap:

Good luck with the sale, I don't expect it'll be round for long, I think mine went in a day or two.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Call that a ding? Scratch?
I have seen worse damage in a showroom!
My boat (Pyrana Prospector Low-line) looks like a ploughed field in comparisson...but still goes well!
If I lived closer and was not downsizing my fleet (at one point I had 8 canoes - now only 3) I would have that in a shot - a canoe with a big reputation and in almost mint nick, at that price - BARGAIN!
I am sure it will find a new hope very soon!

Brilliant boat. One of my boats is a Pack. Justifiably it is nowhere near as good nick as this. As you say it’s so manoeuvrable that it goes on all sorts of trips I struggle with my 16’6” canoe.

It’s (or rather my) favourite past time is poling upstream. I’ve been chased across a field by bullocks portaging it and I still got away with only a few nettle stings. I’ve also sat watching otters (with the dog up front).

This Pack will undoubtedly find a home for some adventurer out there.......hc

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
I've not said anything yet, but I am wondering just how hard I have to work to soften up simbo into letting me go ahead and buy that boat of yours. :D

Seriously, I have been yearning for a vessel to get me on the water for ages now. Just how far is Newcastle from Exmouth again. OH MY Goodness!! Nearly 400 miles ONE WAY; 6 and a half hours drive. :'(

I guess that's a no then. Sigh. What a pity.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
what an absolute bargin i was in the market but having seen the statments in this mornings post I'll just have to make do with what I have for now hope the sale goes well

rancid badger

First of all; thank you for all the kind comments:eek:

Just how quickly do you need the space and cash?

Well to be honest; I'm not in a hell fired rush as such, I'm wanting to complete my canoe camping kit setup (cash) and get the SP3 properly stowed in the garage ( space)

PM on its way

in the meantime, I just thought I'd chuck in some more photo's

P4130070copy-1stpack.jpg

P4130074copy-pack3rd.jpg

d.jpg

P4130026copypack4th.jpg

She really does handle extremely well and is, for her size, quite a quick boat, at least the rest of the students on the course I did in March seemed to think so anyway;)

Anyone with a serious interest in buying the boat, is of course welcome to a test paddle.

Arranging this may take some doing due to other commitments etc but I've no problem sorting this out if required.

R.B.:D

Last edited:

rancid badger

You know; we really should organise a few days paddle up in Scotland this summer.
It'd be really good, to get together and do some paddle miles.
I'm off 19th to the 31st July and would be well up for the likes of loch Long or even Moidart/Ailort
Do you reckon its worth posting a thread in the meet section?

cheers
R.B.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm away on holiday the last week of July Steve, don't go rearranging anything on my behalf though, I'm sure our paddles will cross one day :)

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
That's me home and the Pack's all tucked up in her new garage, the cars relegated to the drive now :D

It was great meeting you too Steve and as I said give me a shout any time you're up this way and we'll sort something out :)

atb,
Stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE