'Old Oak' Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
SOLD SOLD SOLD

I think this is the hardest bit of my clearout yet :(

3795023547_3c70ac0dcc.jpg

This is an 'Old Oak' bushcrafter identical to the knife shown here: http://www.oldoakknives.com/HANDMADE-BUSHCRAFT-KNIFE-GALLERY

3795846044_778d941aeb.jpg

It is (I think) leopardwood over black and red liners on 4mm O1 tool steel. Total length 300mm, blade 150mm, weighing 210g. It includes a substantial sheath with dangler (no belt loop) and firesteel with the same leopardwood handle (please correct me if I'm wrong about that wood identification).

3795845708_7c3e19c797.jpg

I bought it last year but SWMBO is forcing me to sell everything but the Bernie Garland and a couple of Moras. The knife has had a little use but no battening. It was delivered without much of a shine on the blade, so I've had it buffed, but not re-sharpened. It will need sharpening to put a good edge on it, but I'd rather leave that to you than wreck it myself!

3795025463_37f26c57d2.jpg

This is without doubt the most comfortable knife I've ever used, and the choice between this and Bernie's was a tough one (I prefer the slightly straighter belly on the BG knife I've got). The weight and sheer size of the handle make it really very nice indeed.

I think I paid around £150 for it. Yours posted RMSD for £95. Paypal (marked as 'gift') preferred.

Do get in touch if you've got any questions.

Tobes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE