Old kitchen knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
Hope this is in the right place, sorry if it isn't...

I have a block of old kitchen knives, 8 in total, that are now surplus to requirements. They are Richardson stainless steel ones and must be about 15 - 20 years old.

Before I throw them out can anyone make use of them for anything? If so I'd prefer they were collected from me, but I do travel a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
Here you go, sorry for the delay.

DSC_1056_zpssraj85aq.jpg

The edge is the bit that might put people off, they have a "laser" edge, which in theory means they don't need sharpening... I'll put up a picture in a mo of the edge.

DSC_1057_zps5regmhvo.jpg

DSC_1058_zpsans1nrnb.jpg

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I used to have knives with that edge. Never gets blunt, but never entirely sharp either. Fine on something like a bread knife. Less good on a slicing knife.

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
I used to have knives with that edge. Never gets blunt, but never entirely sharp either. Fine on something like a bread knife. Less good on a slicing knife.

That's how I would describe them too. They were my first knives bought for me by my parents many years ago... I now have a nice set of Sabatier instead! And of course my trusty Chinese cleaver!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE