Old fishing floats

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Hi guys,

i know this is probably a long shot but got to be worth a try, who knows ?

i have gone completely retro with my coarse fishing, i've got a couple of split cane rods, centre pins reels, canvas bags etc etc.

what i'm looking for is old floats, not too fussed about condition ( within reason ) so if anyone has any old floats in the back of a shed or garage, give me a shout and we'll see what sort of deal we can work out.

Happy hunting lads :)

Robbi

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, there you go :) I didn't know that quills were used as the 'pivot' for fishing floats.
Somewhere there's a stash of quills in my shed. If I come across them any time soon Robbi, you're most welcome to them :)

cheers,
M

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Robbi. I have loads in my loft that an old friend made before he passed on. I know he would have wanted to see them being used. Drop me a PM with your address on and I put some in the post to you. Regards Phill

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I recall as a kid, when I was seriously into course fishing, asking - when on a trip to the zoo - for the keeper to collect a few quills so that I could make my own floats. I reckon he was so surprised that I came away with a hand-full!

ATB

Ogri the trog

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I'l have a look, reckon I might have some, somewhere.

Is it a popular thing this retro / vintage fishing stuff?

My dad has a bit of tackle in his garage, if he's not binned it.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I'd guess the stuff would be 1950's / '60's

fishing tackle is not something I would have thought had that vintage buzz about it.

My mates into vintage mountain bikes. He tried to get me into it and after importing a frame from California I gave it up as a bad job. It's now become the most expensive wall bracket I've ever splashed money out on.;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE