Old Canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've just been offered an old canoe (need to look at it first) for free but it might need a bit of work doing to it. Apparently he seems to think it is an old style 2 man Tyne canoe - wooden framework with canvas covering. Been stored outside upside down for quite a while.

Thinks it will float but not sure, and basically if I don't take it he was going to cut it up and get rid of it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'll get some pics when I go and have a look and see if I can get some more info.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I'd say go for it if you have the room
Even if you haven't the time atm. Stored at his place or yours makes no difference untill you can look at it. Then if you decide it's too much work or unrepairable you can cut it up yourself.

You're in a no loose situation.

Mark

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
That was my intention, I can find space for a while, if any work does need doing I'll give it a go. I was thinking though that if it is usable in the future, if anybody has sufficient storage space we could keep it as a group canoe, I won't be able to get out that often and it would be good to see it used.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE