Ol' Twisty

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Started carving an oak spoon at the Sussex meet & took a bit too much off so lost the symmetry but I rather like it. Bowl got stained as I ate my venison stew with it but a bit more oil should seal it. Have ordered an FGYT knife for Christmas so can make more things!

2f63a510.jpg

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like the way the handle was shaped, did you use an axe for that.ha ha.
That stew was nice, I should have got up for seconds, well done Neil and Luke.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Like it. You have to go with what the wood wants.

My best spoon has a handle that is twisted and kinked, and it fits my hand perfectly. Hands are not symmetrical anyway.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
if you want spoon with no character buy one from a store ,as it is that spoon you made is a thing of beauty when there hand made like that no two will be the same as it should be regards dave

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm getting a right old pile of spoons here at Hugo towers, I'm thinking of making one big enough to keep the garage doors open by leaning it against one of them (BIG). How was the rabbit stew or haven't you eaten it yet.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I'm getting a right old pile of spoons here at Hugo towers, I'm thinking of making one big enough to keep the garage doors open by leaning it against one of them (BIG). How was the rabbit stew or haven't you eaten it yet.

I'll post a pic up (eventually) of the one im making, it's more akin to a small paddle than a spoon, but with good reason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE