OFF! Swedish After-Bite - does it still exist?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
I'm looking to find some more of an after-bite product which SWMBO swears by, but which has finally run out.

We originally bought it in Greenland a few years ago, and it works wonders when bites become too much to ignore. The brand-name is OFF! and it contains menthol, camphor etc in an alcoholised base.

I looked at the Swedish website for the manufacturer (SC Johnson) and it's mentioned on their website (http://www.scjohnson.se/products/brand.asp?idb=9&idr=6) - it's probably the product on the left, though the packaging graphics have changed.

So, for my peace of mind and SWMBO's peaceful sleep, does anywhere in the UK stock it? Alternatively, could someone point me to the Swedish version of Boots that'll take an overseas order?

Thanks in advance
(Oh - no connection to the company: as you can guess, cos I can't get it...)

Hi Potboiler,
I'm in Sweden on holiday right now, and could try to pick some up for you if you like? We return at the end of the month and could stick it in the post for you then.
Won't have time to hunt around for it, but will check the Apoteket (Chemists).
I'll PM you

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Hi David

Thanks for the quick response - yes, if you see any please get two or three and PM me what I need to send you. Very generous, ta.

I'd be keen to know shop details as well so I d on't have to keep bothering people in future.

Enjoy your trip

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Susi - thanks for researching the answers there. I guess there are different brand names for different territories. The Autan ingredients look a little different to the product I have, but the OFF! you've highlighted might be the stuff.

As you might guess, I don't speak Finnish, so is the product you've highlighted an after-bite product for relieving the symptoms once bitten?

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Susi - thanks for researching the answers there. I guess there are different brand names for different territories. The Autan ingredients look a little different to the product I have, but the OFF! you've highlighted might be the stuff.

As you might guess, I don't speak Finnish, so is the product you've highlighted an after-bite product for relieving the symptoms once bitten?

No worries, happy to help.

Yes it's an after-bite product, a "cooling gel". Sorry, I should have translated a bit more, but was hoping you would recognise the container :)

Anyway, here is a useful translater, in case you ever need:

http://translate.google.com/#

Just paste in the foreign language website URL into the box, select the language switch, and you're good to go :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE