Octa versipack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/OCTA-VERSIPACK-p433.htm#details

I'm after one of these, I need something grabable to go onto my maxy vulture 2 which is lacking in pockets. However the US dollar price seems fair, but the UK price is NOT. 70 dollars, or 60 pounds if bought in the UK. This is not a good conversion! Anyone has a better alternative that I can fix around my max vulture?

I am tired of paying for US goods that they ramp up the prices here for... I lost my knife recently which I can replace for 40 dollars, or 50 UK pounds... It just makes me want to puke the price difference. I understand postage is an issue but not for this much of a difference :-/

Maxpedition make their stuff in Taiwan i think it is, and they have a European section, so surely to god the shipping should come straight to our neck of the woods and the prices are being hiked for other reasons such as different markets, in which case it is a simple case of price hiking. I have 5 maxpedition products, all bought at decent prices via Ebay, and I love their quality. However some items are just not available other than for silly prices. A bottle holder for 60 bucks is just crazy. It holds a bottle! For 2 bucks I could but a decent quality elastic band.....

*sigh*

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Been using one of these Octa's as a bum bag for a while now, i'm not really a fan of Maxpedition stuff but i do rate this bag.

With regards to the price, if your not happy paying the UK price then just order directly from the US that's what i do.

If your buying from a UK shop then they have to factor in postage, import duty costs etc, in my experience this usually gives roughly a £ to a $ by the time your done doing things legally.

You could of course order from the US directly, you run the risk of being hit for import duties though.
I tend to order a fair bit from outside the EU and i'd say 80% goes through without any customs charges, oddly enough the price does not seem to matter too much here, they tend to let small boxes go through and stop larger boxes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE