Oak Spoons

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Made a couple of tea spoons from some seasoned Oak this morning, I've had the Oak hanging around for a while in the form of a few boards that we were going to put some water colour paintings on, so i thought i would grab a couple of the boards and create a spoon from each instead, well i couldn't let that amazing grain pattern go to waste now could i?.

DSCF4485.jpg

Looking at the photo's i took of these two spoons, there is a bit of an optical illusion going on, as in the photo's they look dead flat, but in reality, both of them have a bowl carved in, still, i suppose this adds to the overall effect.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Stunning work again bud.

whats the chance of you showing us (as a few no doubt would love to see) a series of photo's from start to finish...

It might give us chop-stick workers something to progress from :)

Regards, al.

FlyingHaggis

Aug 29, 2011
Scotland
they look fantastic very nice indeed

one of these days i will have a go at making one knowing my luck they will look like a pencil when i have finished

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hiya

Nice work, tough stuff oak :)

The optical illusion is probably because the whole sky was white acting like a giant softbox, holding something dark on one side of the subject may help as it takes away light from one side.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
whats the chance of you showing us (as a few no doubt would love to see) a series of photo's from start to finish...

It might give us chop-stick workers something to progress from :)

Regards, al.

I might just be able to get something sorted out for you along those lines.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE