O1 new house....for Raikey..;)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
just some pics of the finished sheath....

i ended up using some tan boot polish for a touch more colour and finished with bees wax (clear) boot balm stuff:)

sorry about the pants pic's...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
love it mate,..i think its the perfect house for a nice blade,...

it looks ace,....no probs on the thong,.your "kit" got here this morning, and its very nearly in place ....

bit off topic, but how did you finish the corian?,....i have some 1200, and a small patch of 4000.....,..did you buff it??

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
love it mate,..i think its the perfect house for a nice blade,...

it looks ace,....no probs on the thong,.your "kit" got here this morning, and its very nearly in place ....

bit off topic, but how did you finish the corian?,....i have some 1200, and a small patch of 4000.....,..did you buff it??

its east dude, file (as rough as you like) to shape, then sand rough down through the grit, i used 400 to finish i think, and then started on the polishing compound, worked really well, just make sure all the scratches are out before you start to polish.....:)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Done some measuring for the sheath mate and it looks like its not quite wide enough. Might be tempted into some orange kydex yet.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Loving your work Chris, I really like that wrap stitching

thanks Rich, messed it up a bit due to me over doing it and broke the cordage.....OOOOP'S......

its not tied off but just pulled through the same hole to lock it off, this should work ok, if not i will re do it with fresh cord doing the same but glue it into place...

the hardest bit was having the shape to follow, so a very big THANK YOU to Rich...;) (is that blade doing ok...:))

thanks gents...

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE