Not very Bushy, but does anyone have an android tablet they are thinking of moving on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
My son has some birthday money and is looking at android tablets. Does anyone have one for sale before I have to chip in to get him something half decent?!

Snozz

If buying second hand be wary of memory issues that mean you are limited to the amount of apps you can load on to the device. Some slightly older android devices (jellybean os) can run out of usable memory with only 2 or 3 apps installed. Apps have grown massively in size in the last 18 months. I have an 18month old tablet running jellybean which was my sons which quickly became useless due to the above problem. I believe rooting the tablet would help with this but as it is a 'generic' model rooting support is non existent so you are basically screwed. I would recommend getting at the very very least 8gb of system memory and android version kitkat which kind of handles memory in a more sensible way. The 18 month old tablet has plenty of space left for files and photos etc and a 32gb memory card with films on etc but it only allocates about 500mb of memory for app installation and the same for the operating system. Some games are 200mb large and coupled with facebook (approx 85mb) youtube (approx 35mb) netflix (approx 40mb) see where this is going? I have bought my son a new tablet from a known brand with more memory and later android version and it handles the above problems in a sensible manner.

PS I don't know much about these issues, just what I have learned over the past couple of years from my own experiences.

Shout up if you need any more info.

PPS. Well known brands of older tablets will probably handle the above issues better too as my 2 year old Galaxy S3 phone with 16gb memory has had no issues and still going strong (albeit in my sons pocket now).

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Thanks all. Managed to find an Asus for £99 which so far is great. Latest operating system and quad core.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE