Not really bushcraft

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Nice video.

I've got several 96s, but the issue I have with them is that there are lots of loose bits you can lose. For that reason, I prefer a 8R or Russian R1. I sometimes boil up a kettle on a 96 in the kitchen at home!

Jim

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I agree about the 96's, but its not a 96 in the video.

Those guys have so much space over there, watching stuff like this brings out the green eyed monster in me :(

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
And they usually have it all to themselves.

How did that toaster he was using get rid of the paraffin taste ?

You don't get a paraffin taste if your stove is working well same as when you use a Coleman oven, no fuel taste at all.

The toasters are on sale in Wilkinson's for a couple of quid.

All that space, simply wonderful, I've just spent time online looking at what you can buy in Western Canada for the price of an average semi detatched house in the UK, bloody hell, what are we doing living here in the UK:rolleyes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
All that space, simply wonderful, I've just spent time online looking at what you can buy in Western Canada for the price of an average semi detatched house in the UK, bloody hell, what are we doing living here in the UK:rolleyes:

We've had the imigration papers filled out for ages but we've just not commited yet. Had four weeks in the Rockies a couple of years ago and fell in love with the place.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Rik, me old man back packed around Europe in the 50's with that stove!
Any tips on lighting it etc?
Tried the other day but had no joy pre heated with meths but no joy. Is there any control over heat?
Dave
Rich I had the same thought parrafin flavoured toast mmmnnnnn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE