Not getting pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

marcja

I've tried on both my computers one running XP PRO with IE6 and the other running XP Home with IE6. Bothe have SP 1 & 2 installed and I haven't got any problems at all.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I'm no computer man, but I'd imagine that since JT can see it with Mozilla, and it works for me on Opera, but everyone using IE6 has problems, that maybe you could try a different browser? I appreciate you may not want to switch permanently, but it might help narrow down the possibilities :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
No, that has happened on occasion, it is just the post referring to pictures and other posts confirm that the picture is there, but there are no boxes, spaces or links at all.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
sounds very odd.... have you looked in the option settings on the user control panel, i think there's something in there about allowing you to view images... but if it happens on and off then i don't think it's this problem.

I browse the forum with both firefox and ie6 and i'm pretty sure it's not a browser issue.
It's always good to have 2 browsers installed on your machine anyway.

cheers
Carlo

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I've just installed Firefox, and i still cant see the piccies in the thread mentioned at the start. Now i'm confused. I'm running ZoneAlarm suite if that gives any clues...

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
that's really strange... should work on one of the browsers.
zone alarm shouldn't make any difference, as long as it's set to allow browsing then everything like the images are part of the same web port.

try this, can you see the image here if you open it in a new window?
http://img1.yoxio.com/img/179742.jpg

All i can think is that it's a setting somewhere that's blocking it... have you got anything that is blocking sites? ( perhaps zone alarm is to blame, can it block sites now? can you see anywhere that disallows "yoxio.com" ?)... I would suggest looking in your internet browser settings, but since you just installed firefox, there should be no "blocked sites" in it.

HmMmmm

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
It does seem to be zone alarm, just switched it off and refreshed,the picture is there. The other thing it seems to be blocking is animated avatars(eg Spamel) I will have a play with settings and see if I can find why.

Ps the link you put up works as a link, in the original location the picture is part of the thread when ZA is switched off.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Zone Alarm is blocking the photo, it thinks it is a banner advert, I changed settings to allow banner ads and I can see it!
Still cant see the animation avatars but I can live with that, Spamels scared me anyway, first time I logged on from work and it moved I thought I was seeing things!

Thanks for the help and patience everyone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE