Northeast bushcrafters winter meet

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Planning for December 5th. Quick overnighter in the snow in my usual spot. Any members of the group or anyone that's interested welcome up to a group size of about 6. Cost of the camp is a pack of seeds

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
How far is your spot from Newcastle city centre? What type of seeds?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
How far is your spot from Newcastle city centre? What type of seeds?

Not a kick in the botty off mate. Ovingham. And any seeds you want mate ideally veggies
Me and Jonnie are game. You in Rob? 4th or 5th better for you?

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm tempted but i'd have to convince my wheelman, i'll ask my brother if he is up for it tomorrow

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
4th and 5th both good if i can get the driver to come along

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Prayers and smoke for Mick and crew camping on a tributary of the River Tyne right now in torrential rain and 50mph+ winds, they have already moved to higher ground and in the last 24hrs we have broken the north east 24hr rainfall record with more to come

Johnie

Oct 20, 2015
Sunderland
Little check in. It seems the worst of the wind is gone. Time for some relaxing now. A hobo stove served perfect purpose. It's all part of the game. Gotta love it.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Too right man sitting here at home all soft with a hot water bottle, bloody cold enough in my flat

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Have to admit so far cold isn't an issue it's fairly mild. Uts only been wind and water to condend with really

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah man my 18th floor flat faces west so is taking the full force of the 50mph wids head on, safe to say my windows are not up to the task so much so the lamp shade hanging my living room light bulb is swaying, sitting with my feet on a 4inch pile sheepskin rug with a hot water bottle on them binge watching junk on netflix

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good luck , I've been to Kendal today , getting back to Whitby was an experience I can tell you !
Keep safe and keep smiling ����
Cheers man! It was rough getting here but now we're set up it's not so bad. What bushcraft is all about this stuff!
Yeah man my 18th floor flat faces west so is taking the full force of the 50mph wids head on, safe to say my windows are not up to the task so much so the lamp shade hanging my living room light bulb is swaying, sitting with my feet on a 4inch pile sheepskin rug with a hot water bottle on them binge watching junk on netflix
Rob I'm not saying I would trade places yet, but ask again in 4 hours :lmao:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Mate i am starting to think i'd be warming sitting around my little firepit with my thermal woolies on and waterproofs and my grubs snowline wellies

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mate i am starting to think i'd be warming sitting around my little firepit with my thermal woolies on and waterproofs and my grubs snowline wellies

Like I say it's not cold per se. Apart from Carl who has been let down by gear in a big way

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I put it up in the northeast group mate. Were talking about one early in the new year too

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE