North Wood June 27 - 29

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RRIris

Jul 12, 2013
East Midlands
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available dates ... and include this line in the paste:

1. woodspirits 27-29
2. Johnnyboy1971. TBC
3. TinkyPete (TBC)
4. Rev G & Pink Sally ( TBC )
5. NLW
6. Jimbo75
7. Preper 27-29 (TBC)
8. RRIris (27-29)

Col.Decker

Apr 23, 2014
Newport, Shropshire
What goes on at these meets, is it a sit round and chat affair? Or is it a this is how you catch and skin a rabbit do, with demos and swapping tips / techniques etc?

Genuine question btw not trying to sound like a dick lol. I'm a complete newb and I don't have enough gear to even think of attending unfortunately. Just wondering what to expect when I've got ready to go.

But I assume no matter happens during the day, once the sun goes down you start drinking ;)

Like music? Own a beard? Music for beards: www.facebook.com/edconwayandtheunlawfulmen

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
A mixture really some sitting around some impromtu demo's some semi organised. Sometimes we do some wood management as well to look after the site and also organised wood collection for the group fires. There is no hunting or trapping on the site, but if anyone brings a rabbit or what ever we have in the past cooked it by various methods. A fair bit of chatting and looking at kit and peoples's set ups. Because I was unable to make the Bluebell meet, I will bring some stuff and do a Navigation lesson and I also want to do some fire stuff as well :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Also come along for a day trip, but you really don't need much kit....Something to sleep on and in, something to cook on and in, some clothes, a bit of food and water and a willingness to learn and enjoy yourself :) We often do a bit of a bring and buy as well :) I know I have a few things to sell, but if you are short of kit just a quick post here and I am sure someone could help you out I know I have plenty of spare kit if you want to try something more.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
What goes on at these meets, is it a sit round and chat affair? Or is it a this is how you catch and skin a rabbit do, with demos and swapping tips / techniques etc?

Genuine question btw not trying to sound like a dick lol. I'm a complete newb and I don't have enough gear to even think of attending unfortunately. Just wondering what to expect when I've got ready to go.

But I assume no matter happens during the day, once the sun goes down you start drinking ;)

Like music? Own a beard? Music for beards: www.facebook.com/edconwayandtheunlawfulmen

I was like you not so long ago mate, iv been to quite a few meets now, not really done much 'skills' work so to speak, iv always been to busy chilling out and enjoying myself lol!! But also whenever iv asked questions or wanted to try things out everyone has been good enough to show/let me play.

The good thing is if you want to find a little corner in the woods to yourself and sit there all weekend, that's fine, no one will judge you. Or if you want yo pull up your chair next to the fire and stay there all weekend that's fine too!!

I generally do a mixture of the 2.

But what I can tell you is that I have made some absolutely awesome friends!! I no the sound of meeting a load of strangers off the internet in the woods, seems a bit strange, but really it isn't!! It's great fun!! Get involved!!!!!

Atb
Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

Hiya how you doing :)

As Pete and Steve mentioned, crafts and skills demo's tend to be mostly impromptu affairs, although we do have talks on specific skills from time to time. I think you ought to know at this stage that at our meets its fair to say we don't offer formal tutorials, this isn't a 'school' of any kind. there will be ample opportunity to get involved and try out your latest sharp or saw in our regular clearance projects. keep your eye on posts for our bushy car boot as well, sell swap buy or barter your gear always bargains to be had here!

but what we do offer is the opportunity to camp out in a private, secure and ancient woodland with a great bunch of people with the chance to tap into a huge variety of skills, just ask! and as for the evening its very relaxed, sit at the communal fire have a few cans if you want, have a laugh, chew the fat or talk kit. :rolleyes: alternatively have a wander around the other smaller gatherings where you will be welcomed, or just do your own thing.

this is how we operate here at North Wood, you are most welcome to come along for an hour, day or a full meet. oh and don't get too hung up on having the right gear, just stay warm and dry and you'll be fine. :cool:

Steve

much drinking indeed sir.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available dates ... and include this line in the paste:

Sales thread here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/group.php?gmid=5124&do=discuss#gmessage5124

1. woodspirits 27-29
2. Johnnyboy1971. TBC
3. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. NLW
6. Jimbo75
7. Preper 27-29 (TBC)
8. RRIris (27-29)
9. MartinK9 (TBC)

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

Sales thread here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/gro...s#gmessage5124

1. woodspirits 27-29
2. Johnnyboy1971. TBC
3. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. NLW
6. Jimbo75
7. Preper 27-29 (TBC)
8. RRIris (27-29)
9. MartinK9 (TBC)
10. Karl82 (tbc)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

1. woodspirits 27-29
2. Johnnyboy1971. TBC
3. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. NLW
6. Jimbo75
7. Preper 27-29 (TBC)
8. RRIris (27-29)
9. MartinK9 (TBC)
10. Karl82 (tbc)
11 . Twodogs (TBC)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
i have arranged for the loan of the farmers quad bike and trailer again, :D im going to tidy up the various piles of logs we have by transporting them into our latest communal pitch in the middle of the wood. this along with a bit of clearing will ensure were kept warm over the coming months! if Neil's available and willing perhaps he can be skipper again? :)

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
i have arranged for the loan of the farmers quad bike and trailer again, :D im going to tidy up the various piles of logs we have by transporting them into our latest communal pitch in the middle of the wood. this along with a bit of clearing will ensure were kept warm over the coming months! if Neil's available and willing perhaps he can be skipper again? :)

I would be happy to, Steve :)

Is the Thursday night available? Thurs/Fri night with a 'no rush to get away' Saturday so I can notch up work on Sunday would be ideal for me.

Cheers

NLW

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Can't wait to see a forecast to see if you're likely to be doing a chute treatment! I popped down to see the lads at White Rose yesterday, just hoping you get the same glorious weather so I'll have lots of beautiful summer woodland snaps to coo over :)

I'm completely jealous of you all bombing around on the quad! Niel, you lucky bugg@r to be main 'pilot'!! I'd've only got throttle happy and picked up everyones tarps in the tread, probably just as well I'm hiding from the mozzies this meet ;)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Unfortunately, I have to withdraw my attendance for this one.:(

Have a great time.

1. woodspirits 27-29
2. Johnnyboy1971. TBC
3. TinkyPete (TBC)
5. NLW
6. Jimbo75
7. Preper 27-29 (TBC)
8. RRIris (27-29)
9. Karl82 (tbc)
10. Twodogs (TBC)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE