North wood february 25-27 to coincide with the outdoor leasure show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Count me in! Not going to the show, just good old fasioned bushcrafting. Little bro is also interested, but I will let him confirm himself!

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
14.The Big Lebowski (sober this time )
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
18. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
19. marvalous
20. IntrepidStu
21. Jimbo75

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
19. marvalous
20. IntrepidStu
21. jimbo75

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
19. marvalous
20. IntrepidStu
21. jimbo75
22. shaggystu

i might end up working at the boat show (set up and take down) but not sure yet. if i do i should be able to blag a couple more tickets for the draw but no guarantees at the moment.

really really looking forward to this one, real life got very much in the way of the december meet and i'm in desperate need of some time out in the woods where things make a little more sense.

cheers

stuart

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
19. marvalous
20. IntrepidStu
21. jimbo75
22. shaggystu
23. andy t (tbc ....birthday weekend )

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
OK. Just been out for my second attempt at hanging and getting in my hammock. All went well except for the coldness underneath me. Do any of you going to the meet have an underblanket you'd like to swap/sell? If not, any bargains to be had out there? Been looking at the Snugpak one but 75 quid is a bit steep. Does anyone know the pack size of the Snugpack also? I'm sure that ths has been answered somewhere on the forum but i wanted to try you lot first.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya simon, not sure which hammock you have but you could try a cut down roll mat or a self inflating mat both can go inside or between the hammock layers. unsponsored does an exellent underblanket i had a 3/4 one off him for my hennessy, or you could even mod/hang a cheap square sleeping bag underneath?

steve

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
OK. Just been out for my second attempt at hanging and getting in my hammock. All went well except for the coldness underneath me. Do any of you going to the meet have an underblanket you'd like to swap/sell? If not, any bargains to be had out there? Been looking at the Snugpak one but 75 quid is a bit steep. Does anyone know the pack size of the Snugpack also? I'm sure that ths has been answered somewhere on the forum but i wanted to try you lot first.

I bought a Snugpack underblanket last year and they are a fantastic item of kit. I know they are a lot of shells but it made a lot of difference to the comfort of hammocking. Before I slept in an artic bag with a cheap thermarest in the sleeve of the hammock but was still cold.

The issue with hammocks are that the skin of the hammock compresses your sleeping back on 3 sides so you do tend to feel it on your back. You can help with a blanket over the top of you or back any extra clothes inside the hammock but to kill the problem dead an underblanket is the way to go.

The snugpack ones pack down well at a guess I would say to the same size as a 2 season bag.

Snarf and his Mrs camped out in December without one but I wouldn't.

Don't worry to much about setting up the hammock. There will be enough people there to help, mock and generally take the p1ss if you struggle.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I bought a Snugpack underblanket last year and they are a fantastic item of kit. I know they are a lot of shells but it made a lot of difference to the comfort of hammocking. Before I slept in an artic bag with a cheap thermarest in the sleeve of the hammock but was still cold.

The issue with hammocks are that the skin of the hammock compresses your sleeping back on 3 sides so you do tend to feel it on your back. You can help with a blanket over the top of you or back any extra clothes inside the hammock but to kill the problem dead an underblanket is the way to go.

The snugpack ones pack down well at a guess I would say to the same size as a 2 season bag.

Snarf and his Mrs camped out in December without one but I wouldn't.

Don't worry to much about setting up the hammock. There will be enough people there to help, mock and generally take the p1ss if you struggle.

Wot Dave said, deffo the way to go.

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Cheers for the advice lads. had a look at unsponsoreds stuff and its nice. I do like me Snugpak kit tho :) Think I'll be rolling up to North wood with a snugpak. Gonna get it delivered to me parents house tho, it might be one parcel too far for my lass:naughty:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
FREE TICKETS!

after speaking with the organisers of the outdoor leasure show, http://www.outdoorleisureshow.com/ they have very kindly donated a pair of tickets for the show. :35:
so, anyone attending the meet whos interested in going will have their names drawn out of a hat saturday morning. this will also give you free entry to the boat and caravan show at the same venue.

no affiliation etc, those interested please list below;

just a heads up :)

dave 53

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE