North Wood Extended Meet! August 23 - September 01 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
You're still there the last weekend though Steve? I'm afraid being the same, I can't offer much practical help but if there's anything I can do to help out, lemme know :)

Ohhh Hippy Barfday, Woodland Scout, you young whippersnapper ;)

1. woodspirits 30-01
2. spud dtbc
3. NLW Tues 27th - Fri 30th TBC
4. ADz-1983 (Maybe/TBC)
5. sadplsace (Still working on it, but possibly 22nd if it starts early to 24th)
6. MJM1 (Last weekend)
7. Turbogirl 30-01
8. Priam (dates tbc)
9. cowboy (dtbc- believed to be 28-30th) (Sal)
10. Eric (depending on how much dosh I have left after the moot
11. Twodogs ( The last weekend )
12. Rev G ( same as Eric + if I have enuff leave left )
13. TinkyPete (TBC i hope to have some time off around then so hopefully can spend some at the meet)
14. RRIris (Unsure of exact dates as of yet, depends on work shifts.)
15. Muddy Boots Saturday and sunday bank holiday weekend if I can get a dog sitter sorted.
16. Preper (dtbc)
17. Sasquatch & Joseph(29th - 1st)
18. TheNative (23rd-25th
19. Bushmanron 24th- ...
20. briantrubshaw (23rd - 25th)
21.Woodland Scout (Fri 23rd-Tues 27th 4 nights)​
22. Jimbo75 (29th - 1st)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
(From the date change thread) Thanks Sal, I'll be popping in for a day visit on the Saturday. :)
Yayyy :) I'm hoping Karl pops in too so we can get the Travellers Tales first hand, their Norway Hardanger trip looks magnificent in his pictures :)

I have some nice long bamboo thinnings so am hoping to try out some dutch arrows that BigSi, a neighbour from the Derbyshire meeters, told me about... and if I can find some deadfall to try out atlatl/ spear throwers, I might have a play with them too, it was great to learn throwing technique at the moot with the Primitive Archery & AtlAtl Society :) I'd love to learn slings too if anyone has one/ experience with them??

If the weathers not too damp, I'll bring my handcrank sewing machine in the boot if anyone needs any mending doing... no promises to quality as its the first time its been used in probably 60yrs and its a babby compared to the lads beasty machines they've been using for leather and Boone-weight + canvas ;)

Small update to the list as Eric can't attend :) Please check I've not messed up your entry guys and remember to confirm if possible...

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available dates ... and include this line in the paste-
1. woodspirits 30-01
2. spud dtbc
4. ADz-1983 (Maybe/TBC)
5. sadplsace (Still working on it, but possibly 22nd if it starts early to 24th)
6. MJM1 (Last weekend)
7. Turbogirl 30-01
8. Priam (dates tbc)
9. cowboy (possibly a day visit on 30th-Sal)
10. Twodogs ( The last weekend )
11. Rev G ( same as Eric + if I have enuff leave left )
12. TinkyPete (TBC i hope to have some time off around then so hopefully can spend some at the meet)
13. RRIris (Unsure of exact dates as of yet, depends on work shifts.)
14. Muddy Boots Saturday and sunday bank holiday weekend if I can get a dog sitter sorted.
15. Preper (dtbc)
16. Sasquatch & Joseph(29th - 1st)
17. TheNative (23rd-25th
18. Bushmanron 24th- ...
19. briantrubshaw (23rd - 25th)
20. Woodland Scout (Fri 23rd-Tues 27th 4 nights)
21. Jimbo75 (29th - 1st)

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Well the chute is up:

ozxm.jpg

Hide and seek competition going strong:

5u87.jpg

John set up and chilling:

mfwl.jpg

And strong coffee brewed:

j9x4.jpg

Nice to see those that were there, sorry it was a flying visit, I'll be back for the day next Sat. :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm confused. Thought it was the 30th onwards? Got time off this week, will see people on the 30th...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available dates ... and include this line in the paste-

1. woodspirits 30-01
2. spud dtbc
4. ADz-1983 (Maybe/TBC)
6. MJM1 (Last weekend)
7. Turbogirl 30-01
8. Priam (dates tbc)
12. TinkyPete (TBC i hope to have some time off around then so hopefully can spend some at the meet)
13. RRIris (Unsure of exact dates as of yet, depends on work shifts.)
14. Muddy Boots Saturday and sunday bank holiday weekend if I can get a dog sitter sorted.
15. Preper (dtbc)
17. TheNative (23rd-25th
18. Bushmanron 24th- ...
21. Jimbo75 (29th - 1st)
22. MartinK9 - Day visit 31st
23. Karl92 - Day visit 31st

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
does anyone have spare leather in tan or brown, pref not veg tan, approximately 1.3-1.8mm, sufficient for a bush hat...it can be scarred, scuffed or a patchy dye :) pm please if you have, can exchange a working treadle machine or possibly dollar :)

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
After my mini knapping course ( arrow heads ) with Mr. Fenna at the Moot, I thought I might bring some flint and try and pass on what he's taught me, any one interested ?

I'll flake some flint, so it's ready to shape, if you want or just bring some blocks.

Oh, and, Sally and I will be arriving about lunch time on Fri, somebody better have the kettle on :)

Rev G

RRIris

Jul 12, 2013
East Midlands

1. woodspirits 30-01
2. spud dtbc
4. ADz-1983 (Maybe/TBC)
6. MJM1 (Last weekend)
7. Turbogirl 30-01
8. Priam (dates tbc)
13. RRIris (28th-1st)
15. Preper (dtbc)
17. TheNative (23rd-25th
18. Bushmanron 24th- ...
21. Jimbo75 (29th - 1st)
22. MartinK9 - Day visit 31st
23. Karl92 - Day visit 31st

Did I read some where above that parking is on CP3? I'm new to the forum and this meet. :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
After my mini knapping course ( arrow heads ) with Mr. Fenna at the Moot, I thought I might bring some flint and try and pass on what he's taught me, any one interested ?

I'll flake some flint, so it's ready to shape, if you want or just bring some blocks.

Oh, and, Sally and I will be arriving about lunch time on Fri, somebody better have the kettle on :)

Rev G
I'll race you to the kettle then ;) whoever wins gets to be smug as they pour the looser a cup! I hope I get to see some of your knapping, lovey, I can practice spear heads... IF I can cast the actual spears anywhere near the target ;)

Did I read some where above that parking is on CP3? I'm new to the forum and this meet.
Sounds like it from post 1, unless I've missed a change around... aim for the triangle with other vehicles on it at the south (far) end of the wood.... looking forward to meeting you :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE