North Wood December 09~11 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I was going to do some shopping before the meet, but if there is a local Asda, saves the food being in a stuffy car for 3 hours. So yep, up for that :D

Been looking up recipes and cooking techniques... didn't realise it was so simple to roast potatoes with a dutch oven!

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
if it's ok and it's on Saturday I'd like in on the communal meal please.
More than willing to contribute in any way.
I'll bring some wine me thinks. :)
Preper............... :beerchug:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a bottle of wine or two :D

Looking forward to this weekend… be a welcome break from the world outside the woods.

Is anyone attending who is into sharpening knives? I've never bothered to learn how to do it properly, despite many opportunities at previous meets. I can sharpen a knife, don't get me wrong, but I reckon I have a lot to learn.

In return, at future meets I'm making a portable leather making tool kit… something I can take to meets easily… so later next year we could make sheaths, axe masks and whatever else over a weekend. I'm certainly no expert, but I've been an amateur maker for about a year now… gradually I'm getting better.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.
1. woodspirits 09~11
2. Rumpole_Stiltskin 09-11 TBC-work
3. Hubs 09-11
4. Preper (Sat Only)
5. Dewi 09-11
6. MartinK9 9-11
7. Caerleon
8. Karl82 09-11
9. pieinthesky 09 - 11
10.TinkyPete Friday night till Sunday.

I am down in Blandford with no internet or phone but will be there. Only bringing a small amount of kit of what I have in the car down here no large pot or dutch ovens here.

Will be good to get some woods time and relax with good friends.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Ok I have ordered a petrol strimmer with a brash cutting head out of the communal funds for a 3 day hire, I will be down early Friday to make a start. :) We can fashion some long handled pitchfork type branches to move the brambles etc, assuming I get a bit of help that is! :)

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
will be in Friday afternoon hopefully in time to help you Steve depending on work. I'll also join in the group meal Saturday let me know how much or what to get.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
We're not short now… I bought a large dutch oven today, and a smaller one just for good luck :D So pot wise, we should have 3 pots onsite… should be enough for all our cooking needs :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
It wasn't that expensive to be honest Steve… the big pot was £40 something and the smaller one was £30 something… I was far too busy drooling over new sleeping bags and a retro camping bed, but I'll check the receipt. When you think I'll get many uses out of them, its no different to the initial purchase of my hammock and tarp.

Plus, once I get used to using the pots, I should be able to have a go at making camp fire bread… and I really want a lash at making camp fire roasties.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
It wasn't that expensive to be honest Steve… the big pot was £40 something and the smaller one was £30 something… I was far too busy drooling over new sleeping bags and a retro camping bed, but I'll check the receipt. When you think I'll get many uses out of them, its no different to the initial purchase of my hammock and tarp.

Plus, once I get used to using the pots, I should be able to have a go at making camp fire bread… and I really want a lash at making camp fire roasties.

In that case they should serve you well, but thanks for lending them to the meet :)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
No worries… hopefully I know how to use them by the end of the weekend, so its a win win :D

I also bought a stainless steel ladle, spoon and grippers as well (although my wife has nicked the grippers and given me the old ones from the kitchen) so we should have everything needed.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
A cracking Meet, good company, food, work parties, kit exchanges, sorry I had to leave early again, I'll make a full meet soon.

Many thanks to Steve for organising.

Hubs

Sep 26, 2012
Border South Beds & Bucks
Steve, Sorry I didn't get to the meet. Last minute family crisis. I was packed ready to go, Yule log, mince pies, marsh mallows and all.
Hope all went well & hope to see you in Feb...
Merry Xmas & Best wishes to all for 2017
Dave

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
A cracking Meet, good company, food, work parties, kit exchanges, sorry I had to leave early again, I'll make a full meet soon.

Many thanks to Steve for organising.

no worries mate enjoyed your company

Steve, Sorry I didn't get to the meet. Last minute family crisis. I was packed ready to go, Yule log, mince pies, marsh mallows and all.
Hope all went well & hope to see you in Feb...
Merry Xmas & Best wishes to all for 2017
Dave

never mind Dave maybe next time, and have a great Christmas/Yule :)

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Excellent meet once again, thanks to all for making it so.
Good company, excellent stew, a can or two by the fire(but not too close :rolleyes:).
Preper..........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE