north wood bluebell meet April 28~30 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Welcome to North Wood 2017 :)

Spring Bluebell meet

This is my favourite meet of the year, its when the woodland is awash with millions of bluebells. :) any activity with be kept to a minimum on this meet to conserve the display. however I still aim to collect and process wood for the communal fire, any help will be most welcome.

Although these meets are very relaxed and informal with no real agenda, if anyone attending does need instruction or advice on a particular aspect then please ask either here or at the meet. Our regulars have a wealth of combined knowledge backed up with practical experience, and would be only too happy to share this with you.

We will aim to pitch on the main middle site, this may be updated nearer the time. Parking will be again on CP2. However if ground conditions dictate, just offload at the entrance path to the woods ( see map link below ) and return vehicles to CP1 at the farm, I will update this nearer the time if necessary.

Collecting wind blown and dead standing is allowed this meet if you prefer to have your own small fire, live wood is to remain untouched.

Again I intend to temporarily up the pitch fee's from £5 per night to £6 for a maximum of two nights per meet.
This is to replace essential communal items and for the occasional hire of power tools such as a brush cutter to clear pitches and enable more pitch choice.

As before, early get in / extra days may be available if enough interest is shown :)

It would be helpful if any TBC's could be firmed up nearer the time to assess a meets viability, thanks.

Everything you need to know about North Wood, Is here...

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Entering your name would indicate you have read and accepted the above guidelines. please include this line in your paste.

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
3. Johnnyboy1971 28-30 unless I'm working.

Jan 16, 2016

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
4. Rumpole_Stiltskin 28-30 TBC (Work-but it's never stopped me so far)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
5. TinkyPete TBC hopefully will get some extra time off for good behaviour

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
6. ValeTudoGuy TBC (Pending confirmation of holiday request)

Nov 14, 2016
Birmingham & London

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
7. Thuva

I am a newbie to bushcraft.i have done some mountaineering in Snowdon and Isle of Skype and treks in the Amazon. I have always wanted to practice bushcraft, hopefully this will be my chance. Greatful for the opportunity. Thank you.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
7. Thuva

I am a newbie to bushcraft.i have done some mountaineering in Snowdon and Isle of Skype and treks in the Amazon. I have always wanted to practice bushcraft, hopefully this will be my chance. Greatful for the opportunity. Thank you.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

welcome along, not quite the Amazon but we get by. :)

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Im now confirmed as work have granted the leave, this will likely be my first outing with my newly bought Tarp and Hammock... Having never uses a hammock in anger, I will try and get out with it before this and will bring stuff im more used to as a backup.... But some guidance on the day would be appreciated.

Edit: Updated list

-----

1. woodspirits 28~30
2. MartinK9 28-30
6. ValeTudoGuy 28-30
7. Thuva

Last edited:

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Oh, if you need any tools bringing theres a good chance I have access to it.... Brush cutters [as mentioned] etc

Let me know and I am happy to loan [Gratis] what I have avalable for the duration of the meet

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Oh, if you need any tools bringing theres a good chance I have access to it.... Brush cutters [as mentioned] etc

Let me know and I am happy to loan [Gratis] what I have avalable for the duration of the meet

very kind offer, thank you. :) but on this meet we keep the disruption to minimum to enjoy the bluebells. As for your hammock, there will be lots of advice should you want it and good idea to bring an alternative. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE