North Wood Bluebell Meet April 25 -27 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available dates ... and include this line in the paste:

1. woodspirits 25-27
2. Johnnyboy1971 25-27
3. Rev G 25-27
4. TinkyPete TBC (due to work)
5. MartinK9 TBC
6 Twodogs
7. NLW
8. PREPER (26 - 27)
9. Priam (dates tbc)
10. Karl82 TBC
11. Andy BB (TBC)
12. Metriaclima (25-early 27th)
13. briantrubshaw (25 - 27)
14. RRIris (25-27)
15. Turbogirl (24-7) Unless the mozzies are out, in which case, 24th only probably
16. MJM1 (Thursday - Sunday)

Got a busy week so just packed :)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Do I still bring the chute for this meet or wait till the next.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thought I had more but I can donate a 2.5l tin of fabsil. Won't be able to make this meet though. If it helps in future its available

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Thought I had more but I can donate a 2.5l tin of fabsil. Won't be able to make this meet though. If it helps in future its available
Brilliant, might help to have it when the group does the proofing incase of short ordering :) I think you all used 15ltr at White Rose but did some extra kit?? We've 10ltr coming.

I was tempted to do mine and hang it there to dry but with rainshowers forecast and memories of sitting under an unproofed one in a sudden downpour- like sitting in the dishwasher through a cycle- I'm cured ;) It could be awful smelly anyhow, we don't want to be all high as the kites on fumes at our lovely Bluebell Meet :) At least the fabsil for the communal chute will be low odour.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Double chutes work great but that's just hassle. I'll bring it next time I can make it and leave it there for future use. I've been sat on this 2.5L tin for years as I don't use it for my gear. I think it can be watered down to go further but I'm not sure how much you'd want to cut it...

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
A reminder for the Thursday arrivals,

were on our new pitch by the Yew tree.

parking on CP2 or 3 is weather dependant, if it's going to leave tracks park on CP2 hard standing haul your stuff in and return your vehicle to CP1. (See map post 1)

can the first arrivals transfer the communal fire pit and chute please.

on this meet personal fires will be allowed to collect wind blown and cut brash only, no standing dead or alive.

Keep your footprint in the wood to a minimum while the bluebells are out, keep to trodden paths etc.

i will be there early Friday thanks for your co-operation. :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
And the yew marks the northern boundary of pitches :) I hope to be there 1pm tomorrow with a wheelbarrow to make light work of collecting the pit/ tarp etc, will bring blue draw rope. Might not have a vehicle - if so I won't be bringing my sewing machine or collecting the barrel Karl :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I called in as I was passing today to check conditions- at present the tracks (inside and around the wood) are fine but it is forecast to lash it down on Saturday so the Bosses may require cars moved :)

If you're heading down tommorrow (thurs) please be aware there is a private vehicle and shooting event in the 1st field (CP1) and CP2. The event organiser asks if we can walk stuff in as he's got a lot of folk walking around those areas- they will be cleared by Friday however :) Any thurs folk with oodles of kit might want to borrow my barrow!

We're not too early for the Bells this year!! And I didn't pick up any mozzie bites in the 10 minutes I was there :) Reeeesult!!!
10006522_10202756669452287_3091286041047784275_n.jpg

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks for the updates Steve and Sal.:)

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1, indicate available dates ... and include this line in the paste:

1. woodspirits 25-27
2. Johnnyboy1971 25-27
3. Rev G 25-27
5. MartinK9 TBC
6 Twodogs
7. NLW
8. PREPER (26 - 27)
9. Priam (dates tbc)
10. Karl82 TBC
11. Andy BB (TBC)
14. RRIris (25-27)
15. Turbogirl (24-7) Unless the mozzies are out, in which case, 24th only probably

I can't make this one as I have other plans but RE: para shelter. I am willing to chip in with a donation for the purchase and proofing and I have a plaster mixing attachment which will fit into a regular cordless drill, but possibly no use as I won't be at the meet.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I can't make this one as I have other plans but RE: para shelter. I am willing to chip in with a donation for the purchase and proofing and I have a plaster mixing attachment which will fit into a regular cordless drill, but possibly no use as I won't be at the meet.
I think the cost is to be spread across all the meeters, love, by a slight increase in price so its fairly divvied up :) But we're just gathering the wherewithall this meet, there'll be a tarp proofing on one of the future meets though. Definately going with the fabsil on the communal chute and I'm using Thompsons water seal on mine so we should avoid heavy duty mixing, thank the godz! But totally brilliant of you to offer use of your plaster mixing attachment, if we HAD been self mixing the DIY recipe, it would have been worth its weight in gold :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

1. woodspirits 25-27
2. Johnnyboy1971 25-27
3. Rev G 25-27
5. MartinK9 TBC
6 Twodogs
7. NLW
8. PREPER (26 - 27)
9. Priam (dates tbc)
10. Karl82 TBC
11. Andy BB (TBC)
14. RRIris (25-27)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Unfortunately due to a few problems with our Exercise in France with the French (The C.E.S.Ms) I will not be able to come up for the Meet :( I now have to work the weekend and be on a call the whole weekend. Hope you all enjoy it, I will certainly miss being up there and I had loads of stuff to sell as well. I will run a Navigation bit whether planned or adhoc next time I am up. Enjoy it all and can't wait for the pictures.

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Metricaclima you welcome to come down Saturday to sunday will have the kettle on for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE