North East flooding….and it's pouring again

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Scotland's north east has been well and truly inundated :sigh:
Ayrshire and the borders caught it too, but the NE is still caught between high tides and all of the main rivers have broken their banks and flooded.
The Don, the Dee, the Ythan, the Tay, the Isla…..they have all flooded and with more rain not just here now, but predicted on the way, it's not a good situation.

There are a lot of us live in those areas and we haven't heard from most of them.
Stay safe folks. There's not a lot we can do to help, but we are thinking of you and hoping things aren't the nightmare that they seem

M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Amen to that................I feel desperately sorry for all those who are going through what must be one of the worst episodes life can throw at you.

Doesn't bear thinking about, but think about it we must.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not good news Toddy. Blinking cold here but luckily no bad flooding on my doorstep. Hope everyone else is safe.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Must be a real gloomy drudge, continuous mud and grey skies with rain. It doesn't appear to be a bad as the lake district, but maybe the fickle media have just lost interest. Hoping for blue skies for you!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I avoided the internet over the holidays I don't have a telly and didn't bother reading the papers. I knew it was raining a fair bit, but didn't know the scale of it - my local river wasn't massively high, certainly nothing to note extraordinary circumstances. However little did I know that 30-40 miles south of me people were losing their homes!

I'm lucky as I'm right next to the coast and on a hill a good distance away from the river, so all the excess flood water is draining straight into the sea. I work in the same village I live in so as long as the shops get supplied I'm sorted - others have not been so lucky.

Some of the kids coming back to cubs after Christmas have been helping folk move furniture upstairs and sandbag up property as their good deeds over the holidays :)

Stay safe folks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE