North Atlantic Seafood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...28275/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/202-7017745-0380632

Bought this book last week and very impressed with it.

Recipes from all over Europe and lots of very interesting info on all the species to be found in our coastal waters including all the shell fish and crustaecians.
Something I didn't know which I learnt from this book is that Weever are edible.
I used to catch these pesky fish all the time fishing off the pier when I was little and always used to throw them back. I did know they have a poisonous spine on their gill covers and dorsal fin which can inflict a very painful sting. Holiday makers who fished once a year with their crablines used to get stung every now and then or step on them as they bury themselves in the sand but as they are such a greedy fish and easy to catch it's usful to know they are edible and acccording to the author quite nice

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE