Norrlandslav

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Abbe Osram said:
Hi
I wonder if one can eat the Nephróma árcticum?
Has anyone from the northern parts here on the forum knowleadge about this Lav?

cheers
Abbe

Hi Abbe

you mean this stuff . There's a link here as well. Unfortunately I cannot read Norwegian, so not sure what it's telling me. I'm sure you will be able to work it out...Let me know when you do :beerchug:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
stovie said:
Hi Abbe

you mean this stuff . There's a link here as well. Unfortunately I cannot read Norwegian, so not sure what it's telling me. I'm sure you will be able to work it out...Let me know when you do :beerchug:

yes, I find them again and again up here in the forest and wondered if one can use them for food like many other lichen.

Cheers
Abbe

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I still do not know if it is edible, Abbe, but it would appear to be protected in UK. Take a look at this link

Plants listed on Schedule 8 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act, 1981

"Plants listed on Schedule 8 of the Act enjoy special protection against picking, uprooting, destruction and sale. The Schedule is reviewed every five years, but currently it contains 107 vascular plants, 33 bryophytes, 26 lichens and 2 stoneworts. These include vascular plants, mosses, liverworts and hornworts, lichens and charophytes (stoneworts)."

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
stovie said:
I still do not know if it is edible, Abbe, but it would appear to be protected in UK. Take a look at this link

Plants listed on Schedule 8 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act, 1981

"Plants listed on Schedule 8 of the Act enjoy special protection against picking, uprooting, destruction and sale. The Schedule is reviewed every five years, but currently it contains 107 vascular plants, 33 bryophytes, 26 lichens and 2 stoneworts. These include vascular plants, mosses, liverworts and hornworts, lichens and charophytes (stoneworts)."

yeah, this are two worlds we live in, there is one on the list too which we can take for fire starters or eat too if we want. I haven’t heard that they are protected here. I guess we have more of the stuff here because nature still is a bit cleaner than in England. They are quite sensitive to environmental damage.

cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE