No sew knife sheath and flint and steel fire (at last).

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Had a bit of time this weekend so thought I would put it to good use and make a sheath I bought from the Identity Store shop in Matlock in May. Pretty easy to make following the instructions and made a template out of paper first. IMG_3222.jpg

Then flushed with success I decided to finally learn how to start a fire using flint and steel. The flint pieces have come from various drives and paths as the Midlands is not strewn with flint nodules so I made the best of what I could find. After a bit of practise and char cloth I made earlier (I know a bit Blue Peter) it worked and I finally managed to get the coal to a flame.
Sorry no pics of this as I was to busy clearing the smoke and tears from my eyes.

IMG_3224.jpg

So all in all a good weekend and all done in my back garden.
Riven.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Very cool. :)

Plenty of ways to change it up with toher materials too, horn, wood, bark etc. Got me thinking of some strange ways now. lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE